Joshua typically prefers vegetables over carbs or meat, but he had an "off" day. I made him chicken noodle soup with loads of celery, carrots, and corn, but he absolutely refused to eat it. I think he wanted to be difficult for being the sake of being difficult. I tried reasoning with him without bribing (I was tempted). It did nothing. Right when I was about to give up, I remembered the book that we just read a couple days ago called, "I Will Not Ever Never Eat a Tomato" by Lauren Child.
The book is about a brother and sister pair, Charlie and Lola. Charlie is the big brother who plays a parenting role in Lola's life. In this particular book, Charlie has to convince Lola to eat a list of vegetables that she refuses to eat. He has trouble with it at first, but finally succeeds after he pretends that each vegetable is something else fun and exciting.
Well, I decided to give it a try. It worked wonderfully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fabulous, Angela! Love it! I'll definitely have to remember hat for the future.
ReplyDelete